Left click and save the logo
Green is after all a perception in one's mind of which is evoked by light energy with a wavelength of roughly 520–570 nanometres. Yet, this perception dominates our lives greatly. Green is the color of growth, health and serenity in every culture and tribe existing is this world. Most of the green in this world is contributed by a pigment in plants called chlorophyll, a chemical by which plants photosynthesize.
Green vegetables are typically low in calories, low in fat, high in protein per calorie, high in dietary fiber, high in iron and calcium, and very high in phytochemicals such as vitamin C, carotenoids, lutein and folic acid as well as Vitamin K.- Wikipedia
Yet, most of us shun them and they are given the least priority in our kitchen. It is time we include them in our food, regardless of the diet and cuisine we follow for better health. If we includes a green vegetable at least once a day in our diet, we help reducing obesity, lower cholesterol and get better hair and skin growth. what else does one want?
Green is also a term used for money and success. But let this green progress be environmentally friendly too, is what I say. Let us help the nature and mother earth be at balance and habitable. Hence, the gift I will be sending to the random winner will be "green" too. Don't get confused, I will not be sending you vegetables! It will be an environmentally friendly gift that you can use at home and aver, "I live green".
This is what green gourmet is about. So, here are some simple rules:-
- Send a recipe with the main ingredient being a green vegetable (Leaf/stem/fruit/root).
- You may send this recipe to other events as well, but do link it to this post with my name and blog name.
- You can send as many recipes as you wish complying with the rules. But for drawing out the gift, your name will be considered only once.
- You can send archived recipes, as far as they are updated and re-posted as current post.
- Any cuisine is good to go, as far as it is vegetarian (eggs are allowed).
- Using the logo is not mandatory, but it will be nice if you put it on. So that people clearly know about the event. A picture speaks a thousand words.
- My family and myself are not eligible to win the Green Gift but are welcome to join the event.
- Send in your recipes by 9th of June 2010.
- Send the following to my email id with the subject as "Green Gourmet Event-1":-firstname.lastname@example.org
- Name of the recipe
- Blogger Name
- Url of your post
- Photo of the dish prepared
I am eagerly waiting for your yum and healthy recipes to indulge myself in green. Let us live a healthier life learning from each other and making our diet greener.
I thank Susan, who has been a very supportive friend and mentor for me. I still remember, my first ever event participation was her MLLA-14. If not for her, Green Gourmet would not be published in this blog! Thanks to all my blogger friends who religiously come to my blog and leave their lovely comments of encouragement. Thanks to Avi for sponsoring the green gift :)
The green gift will be something useful in your kitchen :) and you will be doing good to the environment by using it.
I plan to conduct this event every three months, which means it will be conducted 4 times a year! As 4 months have already gone for the year 2010, I can only conduct it three times this year. May, August and November of 2010. We will start a fresh on Jan 2011 next year to get 4 times a year.